Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Textbooks Are Old School

1. I plan on creating a presentation that explores the shift from textbooks to ebooks.

2. This is a hot topic among colleges and universities everywhere, and as young people (undergrad, grad, Phd.) I think it is something every student should be aware of and its popularity. Yearly, more and more courses (from all regions of campus) are moving to ebooks. 

3. The best way to appeal to our generation is multimedia. For this reason, I think it is important to  create a slideshow presentation to educate my peers on this growing trend. Photographs, statistics, and interview clips are a few of the things I want to add in my slideshow.

4. I would like to interview students that use both textbooks and ebooks and see how they compare. I also want to interview a bookstore (University Co-Op) to see how ebooks are affecting textbooks sales in their store. Professors will also be key to this story, because they clearly recognize this generations obsession with the internet and computers. It will  be interesting to see what made them shift.

1 comment:

  1. It is a really important topic for young people, especially college students. Things to think about: some info, such as statistics, are not suitable for slideshows because each slide is usually less than two seconds in the whole story. Bookstore (co-op) photos would be very typical images that we all know, think about what other photos that users might not have seen before you show them? Is there a publisher that you can interview? Maybe they have equipment that are interesting you can take photos of?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers