Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Story Idea: Classroom technology in different schools

1. I want to find out what the differences in classroom technology are between different colleges and schools at UT.

2. I want to investigate what determines the technology level in UT classrooms (computers, presentation equipment, etc.), and whether any departments are lacking when they should have better technology. Also, I would like to discover the differences in these things, and whether the departments have tried to improve their systems.

3. It would be far easier to show people the technology than try to explain it in a million technical terms. Seeing a student trying to give a presentation with an old dusty slide show would look very different from a student using a Mac and a huge screen.

4. I would talk to students and faculty from different departments and give their opinions. I would get pictures of a lot of different setups and anything else that would show the contrast.

1 comment:

  1. The story is very visual and relevant to UT students. There are too many departments at UT and it might be difficult for you to pick or include all. Have you thought about comparison between colleges? Also, do a little research before you start taking photos. It might be possible that there's not too much differences between different departments of colleges. Good topic.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers