Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Clay's story idea

1. I’ll investigate the use of the internet, namely Youtube and Google Video, by nonprofits and documentary filmmakers to spread their word fast and cheap.



2. It’s unique in that it focuses on nonprofits and filmmakers acting as advocacy journalists. They’re gaining attention faster than ever before, and cheaper than ever before. Invisible Children gained much of their notoriety quickly by airing the trailer and film free online. Plan is to talk to some who worked closely with that project and some other documentary filmmakers for their take on the use of web video and the money it saves them when trying to market their nonprofit/documentary.



3. A mix of text and pics and videos on a slideshow is ideal for this project because it can display video clips from the nonprofits I interview, giving a familiar visual that evokes feeling from the reader/listener. Text alone doesn’t do justice to an article about video players catalyzing nonprofit success.



4. My text will contain quotes from nonprofit managers and filmmakers who have either used the web or are planning to after seeing its raging success. I’ll also dig up some statistics from Youtube and Google Video on how many views they got. I’ll add photos of stills from the leading video player web sites; and maybe some of the filmmakers/nonprofit managers.

1 comment:

  1. This story should be important as it introduce another aspect of video sharing. Just let you know that Soundslide doesn't support videos.
    If you gather good info, I am sure you will produce a great slideshow.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers