Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Holly MacRossin-Story Idea

1) My story will be about how technology has made face-to-face contact between individuals more and more rare and has caused people to be lazy.

2) I feel that this story is unique and significant becuase although many users of modern technology may recognize this trend, few people do anything about it. Not many people talk about ways to become more personable and in fact the easier it is to avoid human interaction the better, it seems anyway. Specific questions I would like answered is why people would rather talk to their friends on aim instead of in person, for example. I would also like to ask people their opinions of this type of shift in human interaction and action at all for that matter. Do they care, are they concerned, is it that big of a deal? I think doing a story on this and getting some questions answered is important so that readers can be aware of what technology is doing to society. It is obviously making things easier and more convenient, but how far is too far?

3) I think a slideshow is the best multimedia option becuase you can show just how many ways people are avoiding one another out of convenience. There is potential for lots of pictures, opinion, narration, and it is very open to interpretation becuase the entire thing is based on an overall personal opinion.

4) The text will include statisitcs, interviews, and perhaps even research. The photos will be of all the different types of technology (tv, computer, phone, video games) along with the types of activites that were done more often prior to technology (regular mail, outdoor sports, people having lunch). Narration will mainly be me discussing the story and main points with a mix, hopefully, of some interesting opinions and quotes from various people (both young and old).

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea. Also, I wonder if a video could do the trick as well?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers