2. This is a relatively new part of the political world that many say Barack Obama's 2008 presidential campaign was the first to really explore and capitalize on. Young people, like us, grew up with computers and the Internet so Obama's tactics really struck home with young voters. Now that there has been some time since the election, many critics have had time to look back and reflect on what the impact really was. Beyond the presidential campaign, there is a local company, Piryx, that is doing great things to help bridge the gap between politics and technology.
3. A slideshow is the best medium because it will allow me to incorporate many screen shots of websites and programs as well as include voice interviews and narration.
4. Like I said before, I plan to include photos of young voters from several campaigns, screen shots of applications/websites and interview voters as well as possibly representatives from Piryx. Austin is a great town to find experts on technology and politics so I know I will be able to get some great information.
One concern for taking screen shots is those images do not catch users eyes that much. Also, when a screen shot is taken, it is difficult to emphasize which part on the screen you want users look at more. Second, since the election is over already, with this interesting topic, try to make the story more connected to daily life rather than election time only. I would suggest if you want to go ahead and do the story, your screen shots shouldn't be more than about a third of your total photos.
ReplyDelete