Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Technology and Entertainment;

1.) I would like to examine how technology has influenced the entertainment industry, specifically with the invasion into and exploitation of celebrities’ private lives with the internet and television.
2.) With entertainment and celebrity gossip becoming such a huge part of pop culture, I find it a significant subject to investigate technology’s role in its growth and popularity. How technology create the phenomena of celebrities’ dating lives, children, past times and scandals as such an interest to society?
3) With a multi-media slide show, I will be able to use pictures, illustrations, video etc to explain in detail my points. There are so many different examples that I will be able to use, so using slides for each of them will be a clear and organized way to present.
4) Content: I will gather examples from the celebrity gossip web sites on the Internet, celebrity blogs, clips from television shows, etc. The text will probably be statistics of how gossip magazines, sites, shows have increased. I will also include their sales, how many hits the web sites have in a day, viewers of television shows, etc. These statistics are to prove the growing popularity of the content. The slide show will include pictures of the websites, paparazzi, clips from the shows. My narration will explain how technology has influenced the interest and popularity of the content. I will tell the class about my research and where technology is taking the entertainment industry.

1 comment:

  1. Yes. With a growth of Internet, gossips and celebrities' privacy has been spreading faster.

    You will probably be able to find resources and examples to show. The point is, how the story is important to audiences? This question will be answered by considering how you will approach to the issue.

    Will you emphasize invasion of privacy? ethics?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers