Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Story Idea

1)I would like to explore the changing face of the role-playing game and first-person shooter as the two are becoming more intertwined with such titles as Mass Effect, Knights of the Old Republic, Deus Ex, etc.
2)This story will go a little more in depth into the trend of video games nowadays that emphasis not only game play, but also a more immersing plot to keep audiences interested. These two traditionally different categories have begun to incorporate elements from one another and so newly developed games will be affected by this development.
3)A slideshow would be ideal as the screenshots for these particular games allow the viewer to see the details of the games and as the focus will be more about character development and plot rather than simply showing action (which would be ideal for video).
4)I plan to gather screenshots of the particular games that best show this trend and try to get audio interviews from game developers (i.e. Bioware here in Austin) and gamers. I will also look into recent articles from gaming publications.
•Text: Captions labeling screenshot with a quick description
•Screenshots from featured games and narration through interviews and commentary

1 comment:

  1. This is an interesting topic that approaches a new dimension of online games.

    I am just afraid if slideshow is the best medium to reflect comprehensive plot as well as psychological aspects of user attraction.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers