Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Assignment 1: Tech Teachers

1. My story is about how children learn basic skills through technological toys, books and videos.

2. My story is unique, because it explores a topic that everyone is familiar with and can relate to. When growing up everyone can remember going to pre-K or kindergarten, learning the alphabet, colors, and numbers. My story will show how parents and teachers are being replaced with technology in teaching children these lessons. I'm trying to see the benefits of using these programs, and how parents feel about this form of learning.

3. Due to the various technologies I will be exploring, a slide show will help illustrate the many options children can use. Also, it's important to see the interaction between child and product, and pictures allow those reactions to be captured.

4. I plan to gather several things. I have already chosen a family to profile in order to personalize my story.
Text: I want to describe the age of the children using the products, observations their parents have made after using the products, and quotes from the children themselves.
Text for slideshow: Descriptions of the products; manufacturer, name, purpose and function
Slideshow: I want my photos to be very active, not just stills of of toys and materials. I want photos that show interaction, movement, and a progression of learning.

1 comment:

  1. Your first two ideas sound very interesting. I think you can do a good story if you find the appropriate subject/s for either of these stories. So do your research well, and try and make it visually compelling.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers