2. Many departments on campus have begun to use these technologies to aid classroom discussion and learning. I would like to explore the different ways professors have utilized blogs, wikis, and online technology. The ITS department is also working on setting up UT based blogs and wikis that faculty may use for their classes. These new learning techniques can easily change the way students receive and utilize information.
3. A slide show would be the best options for this topic because the internet is a visual medium. It will be much more effective to show the actual sites. Images will also help me show how students lives are changed by sitting in front of a computer for class instead of reading a book.
4. I will interview professors and students who have used blogs and wikis in classes. I will include how these technologies change communication between the professor and among the students. I will include case studies and information from ITS on their blog and wiki initiative. My images will include both students and professors accessing the information. I will also use content from the student run blogs and wikis.
The underlying theme in all your ideas seems to be new-age learning. This can be made more interesting if you focus on an individual or a class that has adopted this type of unusual teaching/learning method. Try to research more and see if there is, in fact, someone on campus who uses an unusual teaching method. Also, try and think of other ideas pertaining to this theme.
ReplyDelete