Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Story Idea - Emily Tao

1. My story idea involves the evolution of attitudes toward online dating.

2. Technology is so intertwined in lives that it affects their search for relationships. I would address general negative stereotypes and assumptions about online dating and highlight positive feedback to the online dating industry. I’d also consider doing a small timeline on unusual-turned popular dating techniques, such as blind dates and speed-dating.

3. Because image is so important in attracting a date, a slide show would be great in highlighting online dating. I’d feature website interfaces and examples of how people post misleading pictures of themselves to attract mates.

4. The text would describe a typical online dating website, a dater’s profile, and pictures of daters. I’d also gather opinions toward online dating from different generations, as each are used to different levels of technological involvement in their lives.

1 comment:

  1. Meeting a new person online has been a hot topic in communication since it changes traditional social relationship.

    The biggest obstacle in your idea is data-gathering. How will you gather photos with their permission? How can you compare them with their real look?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers