Based on the upcoming movie He's Just Not That Into You, I would like to focus my multimedia presentation on the different ways young people communicate and how this change in communication has and will continue to affect our culture. My story will be unique and significant because I will analyze these brand new communication technologies and their relation to socialization (or lack thereof) as well as the formation (and deformation) of relationships. I will talk to people from various age groups and compare how they socialized given the particular technologies available to them. I will also observe how these technologies played a role in how they grew up. The results will be of interest to young people because it's important to know how these technologies we take for granted everyday are helping or hurting our relationships with our peers. I believe a slide show is this best medium for my presentation topic because it will help me better organize my data. Each slide can be devoted to a particular technology, and the slides will be presented in the order they were developed.
I plan to gather data from ordinary people of various ages about their dating experiences and technology's role in their socialization. I will also include data from celebrity interviews about their experiences (both bad and good) with technology. My photos will include the devices themselves, possibly the interviewees, and applicable celebrities. I also plan to include graphs with surveys of what kind of technologies UT students use the most. Text will include significant quotes or recurring themes that appear throughout interviews. Narration will come from interviews and occasional music or ring tones.
This is a really interesting idea! I see how using slideshows would work for you, but how about a video? You could also use your stills for it!
ReplyDelete