Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Story Idea - Internet replacing Church services?

1. I would like to explore how the Internet is taking over Church services. Many churches are making podcasts of their sermons. Many people are now skipping church to sleep in and listen to podcasts later.

2. I think that my story is going to be unique because I'm going to look at now that churches are making the transformation, are churches losing numbers at Sunday worship? How did churches come to think of this idea to reach non members? I think that by looking at new additions to "Godcasting" would be interesting like looking at how many churches across the world are now doing this.

3. I think that a slide show would be great option because only could I include examples of podcasts but I could include pictures, graphs and factual information about these podcasts.

4. My text to go along with the slideshow will include in depth exploration into why "Godcasting" started and try to get into both aspects on if it really is replacing services or if it is helping Church numbers. More of all of the factual information.
Slideshow will include an example of a Church podcast, a graph of how many churches are conforming, maybe a poll of how many people listen to podcasts instead of going to the services, etc.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.marshillchurch.org does a lot with the web. Locally, see http://www.austinstone.org. Think you'll find a lot of ppl use them for learning by listening to past sermons they weren't around for or re-listening even to ones they've been to. Also may want to consider ppl churches send out of the country; and consider investigating popular pastors, who get played all over the country, even the world. Great story idea, interested to see if a significant number skip service to listen in on podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh and interesting topic. Relate this to young people more and go ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers